Despite suffering throughout the year due to Covid-19, we did enjoy our last quarter of the year with lots of Cricket. Due to lock-down, it was not possible to arrange IPL in India, so BCCI decided to play IPL in UAE. The tournament was held in a bio-bubble amid the Covid-19 pandemic. In this post, I am going to share the list of IPL 2020 awards.
The only thing missing during the entire IPL was fans in the ground. Due to safety majors, officials decided not to open the stadiums for the crowd.
60 matches were played in the IPL 2020 and Mumbai Indians become the Champions. They defeated Delhi Capitals in the final who played their first-ever final in the history of IPL.
Here we have list of all winners of the IPL 2020 awards:
- KL Rahul won the Orange Cap for scoring 670 runs in the edition. He is the captain of Kings XI Punjab and got 10 Lakhs as prize money.
- Kagiso Rabada won the Purple Cap for taking the highest wickets in the tournament and got 10 Lakhs.
- Mumbai Indians won 20 Crore as the winning amount.
- Delhi Capitals grab 12.5 Crore as runners-up.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad who loses the 2nd qualifier got 8.75 Crore.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore who loses the eliminator got 8.75 Crore.
- Trent Boult won Power Player of the Season awards and got 10 Lakhs prize money.
- Ishan Kishan won the award for most sixes in the tournament and he too received an amount of 10 Lakhs.
- Kieron Pollard won the Super Striker of the Season award and got 10 Lakh prize money.
- Jofra Archer was named as Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the season and got a 10 Lakh prize money.
- Devdutt Padikkal won the Emerging Player award of the edition and also received the amount of 10 Lakh.
IPL 2020 awards ceremony
Who Won IPL 2020?
The 2020 Indian Premier League Final was played on 10 November 2020 between the Mumbai Indians and the Delhi Capitals at Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai. It was a Day/Night Twenty20 match, which decided the winner of the 2020 season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), an annual Twenty20 tournament in India. The defending champions, the Mumbai Indians, retained the title by winning the match by five wickets. This was the fifth IPL title for the Mumbai Indians, having appeared in the finals six times. This was the first IPL final appearance for the Delhi Capitals.
What is the prize money for IPL winning team?
The winner of IPL 2020, Mumbai Indians received a surprising amount of Rs. 20 Crores. Where the runner up team got Rs. 12.5 crores.
So this was the complete list of IPL 2020 Awards. If you liked the post, please let me know in the comment section below.